23/01/2011


while most of my friends and people my age spend their friday nights by possibly getting wasted and partying it up, i spend mine watching sad movies...i quite like crying, as lame as it sounds i feel as if it cleanses my soul or something. so with that premise in mind, and due to my increasing andrew garfield obsession, i decided to watch never let me go.
i think it's safe to say no other movie has ever made me cry that way, the film is heart-breaking and so raw and honest, i do not believe it is just a love story, i think there was more to it, i saw it as a character study, which exposes from a very dark point of view the very core of humanity and it's struggles with morality and values.


that being said, the love story is told with such tenderness, a romance that grows throughout the years and that meets it's sad demise leaving the main character with a new life perspective that even though fits well into the live she's lead, also accommodates what all of us as humans go through

No comments:

Post a Comment